Mission Statement and Educational Objectives
The mission of the East Dubuque School District is to provide a safe, positive, and challenging learning environment for each student, resulting in citizens of defined character.
The District's educational program will seek to provide an opportunity for each child to develop to his or her maximum potential. The objectives for the educational program are:
- To foster self-discovery, self-awareness, and self-discipline.
- To develop an awareness of and appreciation for cultural diversity.
- To stimulate intellectual curiosity and growth.
- To provide fundamental career concepts and skills.
- To help the student develop sensitivity to the needs and values of others and a respect for individual and group differences.
- To help each student strive for excellence and instill a desire to reach the limit of his or her potential.
- To develop the fundamental skills which will provide a basis for life-long learning.
- To be free of any sexual, cultural, ethnic, or religious bias.